Search This Blog

Thursday, April 25, 2013

aloha

No, I haven't been in Hawaii! :) I am sorry I have been MIA. I was on a retreat. It was a fantastic weekend!

And I have been slow at getting back to a routine. Vacation mode is also sinking in as the sun starts to envelope one down here in Miami. It is so amazing how the heat feels so different here. DC can be soo hot and muggy. Here? The sun's rays are just ever present and you can feel them. The nature of the tropics is actually one of my favorite things about living here. The other morning, my littlest one was up early so we sat on the balcony outside to watch the sun lighten up the sky and see the clouds change colors. That was beautiful, but what was striking was the heavy sound of the palms swaying. It reminded me of when we first moved here and the grass would crunch under my feet. Everything has a thickness about it that is close to you. What am I saying? Nature isn't something you appreciate only with your eyes or your sense of smell at a safe and respectful distance. Without touching it, you feel like you are touching it, its that real. Maybe that has something to do with the Latin culture being so unapologetically friendly and truthful.

I hope if you take a vacation to the tropics sometime, you have the opportunity to pick this up. It is another facet of life that I am happy to have discovered. That, and meeting friends impromptu at the beach on a Friday evening and chatting while the sun sets and the kids play...



(blogspot.americanfeast.com)



Have a wonderful weekend, friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment