Search This Blog

Thursday, April 4, 2013

new settings

Hi everyone! Good morning! I hope everyone's day is off to a great start. This morning, I was thinking what "wisdom" we buy into. It seems like everyone has their own brand, something that seems to work for them in their sphere according to what they want to accomplish.

Do I want the admiration of strangers? I had better work out ferociously and pay attention to every meticulous detail.

Do I want others to see my success? Then I'd better buy the most expensive car and house I can.

Do I want others to see how smart I am? Then I'd better work at the best think tank in town.

And so it goes...

But that is only half-wisdom. I'd rather win the love and respect of those that I love and respect. It is a fascinating journey to uncover what values you hold dear and try to live your life according to them.


I think Tolstoy and Austen are the best at exposing the two worlds within the same social sphere, one authentic, and one that is so very superficial, and I can't thank them enough for doing so!

On another note, my husband fixed the settings so that anyone can comment if you like. You no longer have to have a blog account. So lets get the conversation started! I'd love your feedback.





No comments:

Post a Comment