Search This Blog

Friday, May 4, 2012

a little inspiration from edith

Stein, that is. I must admit I still haven't gotten through her Woman: Collected Works. She is German. She is serious. And she fleshes her thoughts out seriously. I only read bits at a time. But, I had to share what I came across recently, for those of you who love good quotes ( A pastime of mine in college was collecting quotes. Normal? For me, yes.:) I'll let Edith take it from here. Have a wonderful weekend!

Her mission as mother relates closely to her mission as spouse, only here she must primarily care for the children and bring them to development ( This taken in isolation may make some uncomfortable. She advocates active fatherhood and also explores women working outside the home in other parts of her work.). She must guide and then gradually withdraw to attain, in face of the mature human being, the role of a companion. This demands, on the one hand, an even more refined gift of sympathy because it is necessary to comprehend the dispositions and faculties of which the young people themselves are as yet unaware; she has to feel her way towards that which wishes to become, but which as yet does not exist.



T-Shirt photo taken from www.oeconline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment