Search This Blog

Saturday, May 26, 2012

can't help myself


I'm not particularly crafty, nor do crafts satisfy my need for creativity. BUT, when inspiration struck, I went with it, and I can't stop making these! The idea started with Michelle who has been printing beautiful messages on beautiful paper for years and then framing them. I have always loved what she made, but never thought I could do it ( right) and didn't feel the need to try. But, after a birthday party, I had a bunch of these mini shells left over that were just beautiful  in their mini-scule detail...And I have friends who are pregnant... and I have been thinking over how I need to put love into the little things of each day for years..... and whala! This came into being. This one says GOD puts great LOVE into the little things. For baby showers, I change littlest for little. It just captures the wonder of a new precious baby, and the precision of God's love. If He puts that much detail into a shell, how much more into a person, into me?
I also like using three shells, but this one was my daughter's to make and I wasn't going to stifle her creativity ( My kids help me pick out the shells, especially if it is for someone they know). So, steal away and try it if you like it. Growing up, we had a few messages around the house, one of them being What you are is God's gift to you. What you make of yourself is your gift to God. I would only change it by adding with His help after yourself. Very important distinction. But, words mean something, and they sink in. Surrounding ourselves and our loved ones with a few choice words inspire ideas and action.

Have a wonderful weekend, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment