Search This Blog

Thursday, July 4, 2013

happy fourth in the USA





(image: www.tripadvisor.com)

Today we are doing very simple things: going to a parade, getting food from food vendors, swimming and eating with friends, and then later, walking to the beach to watch the fireworks set off over the ocean. It is one of our favorite days of the year in Florida.

It is also one that is easy to enjoy superficially, like any major holiday. What am I thinking of today? I am grateful for all of the blessings and freedom we have in the USA when I look at the world and see the lack of stability either social or economic, corruption where there should be leadership. I am not blind to the problems existing in my own country and pray for it.

So today, lets do our part to change our countries in time for the better.

"All laws and rules of conduct may ( should) be reduced to a single one: to truth." - Goethe ( should is added by me)

And what is truth? St. Thomas Aquinas understands "truth" as the "unveiling and revelation of reality." (Joseph Pieper, emphasis added by me)
And what is reality? That takes a whole lot of thinking about the "objective reality of being." (Pieper)

Have a wonderful day, friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment