Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

movie reviews










I most recently saw man of steel and totally recommend it for its many qualities and yes, depth! 

But there is a more worthy movie my husband and I recently watched. The retake on the 3:10 to Yuma blew me away. Not only was the acting by Christian Bale and Russel Crow impeccable, it explores the age old question of power and lasting influence. It also explores true friendship and example and the power it has to shape and even change man. I have a great love for this movie, as much as I would for a novel by Tolstoy. It enriches long after the credits run. 

( there is one scene I fast-forwarded)

The kids and I recently saw cloudy with a chance of meatballs. It, too, was terrrific! 

Happy movie watching!

(image: funhug.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment