Search This Blog

Monday, September 17, 2012

kudos

From the outset, I was struck with the song Somebody That I Used to Know. The chorus melody is really creative and I thought it was coming from Sting. So, after downloading it and listening to the actual words and getting a feel for what the song is saying, I appreciate it more.

And here's why: I find the honesty refreshing. (Maroon 5 has a similar song out, though not as gripping or soul-searching. I am just not a big fan of the band, so I won't focus on it.) I think we have definitely hit an era when people are told to not take dating seriously, their feelings or other's, and to just run around and have "fun." But, that is simply not reality, no? How many times do girls stay up talking about heartaches? How many guys when they find a girl they really admire are blind-sided when she is gone? There is a reason why getting married is still on people's minds, albeit later in life.

So, thank you, Gotye, for hopefully bringing reality back into the picture and making people think about the choices they make! ( disclaimer, I don't find his video appropriate, but the itunes sample is here.

Have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment