Search This Blog

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Food Stuffs

Saturday morning I went out with some women for breakfast. This is a favorite pastime of mine and something I have missed since moving. Check out these desserts! Beautiful, small desserts are one of life's little joys! They are Argentine, Gabs! No surprise. ;)
This picture does not do them justice, but do you see those cream cakes? Oh my! :)

And today, I wanted to share a recipe with you that melts in your mouth. My friend Suzanne is one terrific cook and she graciously shared this with me. It is for a pot roast. I know you cold weather folks are up for some hearty food at this time of year! Take your beef ( fat in the middle will make it more tender) and brown it ( medium high heat). If you have a dutch oven, this is the best to use because it only requires one pan. Preheat the oven to 300. Once the meat is browned, sprinkle an italian seasoning packet on it and pour a beer over it. Cover ( I just used foil because I unfortunately got rid of my dutch oven a long time ago) and bake for 3 hours, turning once. You can roast some vegetables inside this pot, too. I hope you give it a try! It's smelling mighty good.





Next recipe: my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment