Search This Blog

Monday, March 26, 2012

Cookie Monster


While I am waiting for the coral reef paint to dry, I want to talk cookies. I am admittedly a Cookie Monster, as I think I have mentioned and those that know me well can tell you. And, is it me, or is it extremely difficult to buy a delicious chocolate chip cookie? I am not just talking acceptable. But, chewy, buttery, simple, not to choclate-y delicious!?

So, after searching and being incredibly picky, I found a recipe that I make often so I have them on hand. I wasn't kidding!;) This recipe is from Barbara Fairchild's the bon appetit fast easy fresh cookbook. I did finagle it a little because I really like my cookies to taste vanilla-y. I would not post this recipe unless I fully believed in it. And let me just add a little tip - take the cookies out when the edges are slightly tan ( and the tops aren't too wet). This is what makes them chewy. And, depending on where you live, if the batter is soupy, add more flour or put it in the fridge for a little before baking so they don't get too flat ( and so, not chewy). Lastly, once they cool, you can store them in a freezer bag in the freezer for long-lasting freshness for the cookie monster within. :)

Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies
sift:
2 1/4 c all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3/4 c sugar
3/4 c packed light brown sugar

add in:
1 stick of butter, room temperature
1/2 c shortening
1 T greek yogurt
2 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs

Mix with your hand. Its the best way.
Fold in:
1/4 c. mini semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c milk chocolate chips

Bake at 350. If you make them giant using 1/4 c to drop, its 14 min. If you make them regular, check after 10.

Bon apetit! And tell me these aren't the best chocolate chip cookies of your life! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment