Search This Blog

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Rainy Day Steamer


There was a chill in the air this morning in Miami and I thought of making these while we decorate a little later on today. It has since warmed up :), but I thought I would pass this gem of a recipe on to you. Kim introduced me to these at Starbucks in High School, and now I make them for the kids on cold rainy days. They are great when you aren't ready to commit to a hot chocolate and I always have milk, sugar, and vanilla on hand.

Steamers:

2 c. milk
1/2 tsp vanilla ( a little really goes a long way!)
Between 1/8 and 1/4 c sugar ( to taste)

Heat on Medium Low in a saucepan. There is no need to make this super hot- it just takes longer to cool for the kids! Who is going to give this a try? Have a wonderful Sunday and happy decorating this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment