Search This Blog

Friday, October 17, 2014

chubby hands and cheeks

I never felt drawn to this image of Our Lady of Perpetual Help. Until lately. It's in our "study," a room I am more and more grateful for. It's small, off the kitchen, is more serious in nature with a bookshelf and a couch that can unfold when guests come. It's where I pray best when I can't go to a chapel.

I will leave the contemplation of the expression of her eyes to you. 

If you look closely, you can see baby Jesus' hands wrapped around Our Lady's neck. I never saw that before. It's such a real position, as my baby reminds me of daily. He needs her. He loves her. She makes him safe. And he chooses her, too, not just her, him. 

The time when my daughter's chubby  baby fingers cling to me and she presses her cheeks against mine will not last forever. She will grow and she won't cling to me so literally. For now, I am reminded of the greatness of this tiny gift.



No comments:

Post a Comment