Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Inspiration Board

This story starts back before I had kids and was teaching math at an all-girls high school. I had worked the summer before at Nordstrom and had a pretty good professional wardrobe. The students appreciated it. ;)

After having my first child, I decided I wanted a change, and change I did. I got my hair cut short and very layered. I am sure you can tell from the picture that I have very thick and curly hair. I wanted funky, and I funky was what I got. ha! I also got some practical shoes and didn't pay too much attention to my clothes. This change was not for the better and was pointed out to me by some former students! It was a good and honest critique.

So, what is a mom to do? Since then, I have figured out what works for me, but I think the simplest and easiest way to make a t-shirt and jeans go from blah to cool can be jewelry ( I learned this from my friend Lourdes who is the best-dressed mom I know).



And hence, my inspiration board, kind of like the ones I see that interior decorators use. Actually, I took this idea from one named Lauren Liess ( her link is on this page for Pure Style Home so I won't repeat). It serves two purposes. One to put my necklaces in front of me so that I get more creative and two, to make the wall look prettier than it did. Ms. Liess has this set-up in her bedroom, mine is in the bathroom.
Yes, sometimes we can't wear necklaces because they will get broken, so how about a big plastic bracelet? I want to share my love for World Market with you all in case you have not discovered it for home goods, art, and really inexpensive and cool jewelry!

Have a good night and have fun with your inspiration board if you do one!

No comments:

Post a Comment